The Faithful

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Faithful

Post by barryf on Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:39 pm

Yes, a real thrill it was Des and missiles flew through the air as Jack held out his stablemate in a close finish.

I picked up a lady's fascinator which landed at my feet and the grateful wearer retrieved it to have it applied to Jack's head in the stables later for some interesting photo shots.  Jack looked somewhat bemused by the whole performance.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:39 am

Happy New Year... What a great win by The Faithful yesterday. Great closing sectionals after working to hold the early lead. It was the perfect race for him being behind the leader until the home straight. It must have been a great race to witness on track. Bettors Pocket trialling tomorrow with Major Change also racing ... ATC 2014 is all action.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:54 am

I was a bit surprised to see Jack nominated this week after the trainer had said recently that you can't race them every week. However he does get a return to mobile racing and the field is now down one following one scratching.
Hopefully he will get a week off after this one , which is still quite a nice field.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Conwell on Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:24 am

I too was pleased to see Jack back in a better grade this week, so I was surprised to read in the latest newsletter that the stable are debating whether to start him or not.

"This race is certainly not ideal for Jack and as it is hoped that more suitable races coming up will get enough nominations to actually get off the ground, it is doubtful that Jack will line up this week. A decision will be made in the next day or so"

So far he hasn't been withdrawn and has Sean Grayling nominated as his driver, so I guess that's a good sign that he will be lining up. I would hate to seem him withdrawn this week and having to race in a C3 to OC again next week.

Conwell

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:41 pm

The fields for this Friday are out now and this is much better as far as "racing in your own grade" goes.
This week Jack is in a race for C1 to C2, with C3's under conditions. The condition is that he is driven by a junior driver which is fair enough. It is better than racing C3 to Open Class horses as he has been doing recently. He also finally gets the preferred 2200m mobile start. Thank you Auckland Trotting Club, you get my tick of approval this week (not that that counts for much), in what is a very trying task of assembling competitive fields on such low numbers of nominated horses.

1 Amazon Lily C1
2 Robbie Burns C1
3 Tembi C1
4 Lebron C1
5 Eye Brow C1
6 Sir Richie C2
7 Emmanuel C2
8 The Faithful C3
---------------------------- Second Line ----------------------------
9 Can't Refuse C1

Not an easy race - not by any stretch of the imagination - not with Lebron and Emmanuel in the field, but better than the last couple of weeks races. I note that Amazon Lily is a dual nomination and may or may not start in this race - she is also nominated for Race 4 which is the fillies and mares race.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by ShayneO on Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:38 am

Cheers, Barry... The tactics should be pretty straightforward from the draw. Get to the front and stay there as long as possible!

ShayneO

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:27 am

Madison is an Australian, presently working for Barry Purdon and knows the horse well as a result.
I have not met him but he is well regarded by others who have.
I believe he drove some winners in Australia prior to coming here.
No doubt he will be keen to make his mark here with the few opportunities he has been given.
There is no penalty free status by him driving, to the best of my knowledge.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShayneO on Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:18 am

Anyone know anything about Madison Reynolds who appears to be driving The Faithful? Wonder the reasoning behind a junior driver... I know that plenty of the senior drivers are at Addington but I would've thought someone was available... is it possible it would be penalty-free with the junior driver?

ShayneO

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:19 pm

The Faithful would have started on equal terms alongside Besotted if the original two horse mobile race held up but now gets standing start barrier one and a 45metre start on Besotted who must now circle the field. I wonder who will drive The Faithful as Z. Butcher will be at Addington. Has anybody got feedback on Major Change other than the result of the trial. When is Major Star due back at the workouts? This afternoon I am off to watch a couple of races at Pinjarra. Delightful Offer v Beaudene Boaz in one race and an Interdominion warmup race featuring Norvic Nightowl, The Bucket List, Machtu, Jason Rulz and For A Reason.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:56 pm

Due to the pathetic number of nominations for the C2 to C3 2200m race with only two horses nominated, the race has of course been scrapped and Jack has now been shifted into the only available race which is a 2700m handicap standing start against C4 to Open Class horses. It is a tough ask, but is a consequence of the low number of horses racing in the Auckland/Waikato region.
I can only see this as an ongoing problem that can only become more severe in the future with the continuing flow of intermediate grade horses heading to Australia. Rolling Eyes
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Whilst The Faithful had every chance when beaten by River Polka, the front on view of the start shows major interference by the winner denying The Faithful the chance to get into stride more quickly. A very good drive by Zac Butcher and a brilliant drive by Tony Herlihy. He pushed off the fence (legally) to get onto The Faithful's back giving River Polka the last shot after doing nothing in the run.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:46 pm

Going for 4 in a row at Alexandra Park ... not many horses do that. Standing start ... a new experience. The Faithful is a C3 against higher rated horses ... needs to be at his top. If he wins will become the third highest money earner in New Zealand this season behind Smolda and Christen Me ... elite company. Get that fourth batten ready barryf ... hopefully you can nail it on after the race.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:53 pm

The latest newsletter refers to Jack's likely next start will be at Auckland on 30th.October. He can then race each fortnight at Epsom through to the end of December, with premier racing during that month.
So it doesn't look likely that a further trip south, with all the imponderables which that involves, is on the agenda, particularly when his earlier runs in the South Island are considered.

There is also racing at Cambridge early in the New Year which could suit.

Another target to be borne in mind is the Ultimate Bonus of $10000 for horses which win 10 races at Alexandra Park.So it will be easier to reach that target if he gathers wins along the way at that venue.

But I am just speculating and am not privy to the trainer's or manager's innermost thoughts.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:46 pm

Does anyone know what is next for The Faithful? The PGG Wrightson Sales Series $50,000 at Kaikoura would be interesting. Would start off 10m in a race where Major Star's younger half brother Dana Duke ran second last year.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by ShayneO on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:23 pm

He's being followed enthusiastically here in Canada, as well!

ShayneO

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:00 pm

For an hour or so last night The Faithful was the second highest money earning pacer for the current season throughout New Zealand (behind Christen Me) and the leading Jewels 4yo male horse but when Risk won later in the programme we were pushed down to third and second. Whilst you all had a room full of syndicate members celebrating at Alexandra Park, I had a one man celebration here in Perth and my son (also in this syndicate) was an enthusiastic supporter in Manila. The exploits of The Faithful are being closely followed around the world ... well south east Asia at least.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:54 pm

Yes it certainly was a nice win in a very quick 2:41 time.
There was such a high turnout of syndicate members due to it being syndicate dinner night the presentation room after the race was packed, with some people remaining out the door on the path. One of the racenight stewards even said to me "We DEFINITELY need a bigger room.....".
Get used to it stewards - you will be seeing more of us, Jack is certainly not finished yet. Dancing Banana
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:16 pm

Yes, third batten nailed on.Good gate speed and racing manners continue to reap the rewards.

He certainly likes Alexandra Park to which his style of racing is well suited.

The presentation room was packed with so many  in celebration mood. Cheers  Wave

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:05 pm

Extend that picket fence barryf ... what a nice win.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:14 pm

And I thought it was just a horse race.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:00 pm

I am reminded of the old Agatha Christie thriller/movie, "And Then There Were None" as various guests were disposed of by the villain of the story.
But Jack is no villain and will be a superhero if he completes a hat trick on Friday at the Meet The Members Night. The 150 members and guests who have registered should  drown out the announcer  if the picket fence receives an extra batten.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Conwell on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:48 pm

Jack's last 2 wins have both come from barrier 4 so hopefully he will go straight to the front and lead all the way for the 3rd time in a row. sunny

Conwell

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:56 pm

I have just had a look at the field for Friday evening and I see that Jacks wide draw of 7 just became a great deal easier with 3 scratchings inside him - now meaning a start from gate 4. An 11 horse field now becomes an 8 horse field with 5 horses starting off the front row and 3 on the second row.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:45 pm

Hi Des – it is sad to see any horses racing career shortened due to injury, but Raksdeal will make a worthy broodmare.
Of the others that you have listed Lancewood Lizzy and The Orange Agent are clear and definite dangers to Belle. Willow will no doubt come back strong as do all Mark Purdon trained horses, but she is an unknown threat at this stage having not been seen since the Jewels at the end of May.

As to Venus Serena, in my opinion they are racing the guts out of her. Venus's last 14 race day starts have been in Group races and her last two races showed that she is not the machine that they thought she was. A worthy mentor once told me that there are “different levels of greed” and 14 group races in a row with a current view to starting in the NZ Cup doesn't seem to be in the horses best interests.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:48 pm

Thank you for the Ideal Belle update ray the beancounter and Conwell, it sounds highly promising. The little yellow guy at the end of Conwell's comment made me laugh. I see Raksdeal has been retired leaving Venus Serena, Willow, Lancewood Lizzie and The Orange Agent as Ideal Belle's main rivals in the upcoming high class mares races.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top