"The Faithful" - to sell or not to sell - that is the question.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: "The Faithful" - to sell or not to sell - that is the question.....

Post by ray the beancounter on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:21 pm

The workouts fields are this week published on the HRNZ website a day earlier that normal and are available Thursday evening.
Jack goes around in a workout on Saturday at Alexandra Park.  It is a currently listed as a 6 horse workout, of which 3 of them are from Barry Purdon's stable......

Race 6 [11:15am] MOBILE PACE. (C2 to C3)    2200m
Book Name Draw Hdcp Class Trainer
1 Jay Dub 1 Front C1 Robert Dunn
2 Cheers Kathy 2 Front C2 Steve Telfer & Chris Garlick
3 Shedontloveme 3 Front C2 Steven Reid & Simon McMullan
4 The Faithful 4 Front C2 Barry Purdon
5 Aliante 5 Front C3 Barry Purdon
6 Democrat Party 6 Front C3 Barry Purdon
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:57 pm

The fields for Gloucester Park this Friday are out with Delightful Offer drawing barrier 3 in the Western Australian Derby Prelude.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:59 pm

I went out to Pinjarra today (Perth Western Australia) and saw Delightful Offer loop the field from Barrier 12, surge to the front and win easily. Started at $1.60 and outclassed the opposition.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:55 am

Jack is now up to 13 in the leaderboard money list.  He has beaten No.4, Brilliant Strike; No.5, Itz Better to Win and No.10, Strike the Gold.
No.9, Express Stride is reported to be out for the season and not lining up for the Jewels.

I also note that Delightful Offer has been exported, presumably sold, so hopefully that clears the way for Zac to drive our fellow regularly.

A syndicate member wrote the Our Kiwi Mate, another possible contender, had been sold to an overseas buyer for a 6 figure sum.

The drop out  rate is gathering momentum!

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:17 pm

I attended the syndicate meeting this evening in regard to the proposed sale of The Faithful.
There was some vigorous debate that got a bit heated at times and also a visit by Zac to offer his support for the horses abilities and effort that he makes during his races

The vote was 25 against and 14 in favour of a sale.
So we get to keep him – at this stage at least. cheers Until another offer is received….

Those in attendance voted 12 against and 3 in favour of a sale (80% : 20% split).
Proxy votes, 13 against and 11 in favour of a sale (54% : 46% split).

Jack is currently sitting 15th on the ladder for entry into the Jewels but is a very real prospect of making it into the final field as I am led to believe that some of the horses above him on the ladder will be withdrawn and will not race on Jewels day.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

The Faithful

Post by plonka on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:56 pm

Having been a member of a few of the syndicates now we definitly get more enjoyment out of watching the horses race and are not interested in selling them especially when it is hard enough to get a hores that is competitive as the Faithful is. bounce

plonka

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Range on Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:54 pm

We joined the Syndicate to have fun racing some horses, Jack has only had 10 starts & proved himself to be pretty handy, we're still having fun & will be voting "No".

Free Range

Back to top Go down

Post by dene neal on Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:09 pm

I fully support the NO SALE vote as indicated by the previous scribes for all the above reasons stated. It is hard to follow the thought process of anyone wanting to sell Jack . I would also like to point out another aspect of this situation. Our syndicates proudly carry the ATC club name. The club is working very hard on projects which will continue to increase stake money for all the races run at the Park .Currently the biggest problem they are facing is field sizes in the intermediate to open class grades, this situation would be even worse but for the Southern invasions. Jack fits nicely into this category of horses going forward. I believe we should consider our contribution to this current problem. Particularly as Jack`s trainer is a current Member of the Board of the ATC..Furthermore looking at the other two horses in Syn.2014 one looks like he will struggle and is with a trainer keen on selling, and our most winningest horse racing away from the Park. If Jack is sold this syndicate is likely to have no horse to watch race at the Park.

dene neal

Back to top Go down

The Faithful,To Sell or not to sell, that is the question.

Post by barryf on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:44 am

We have waited 20 months to see "Jack" race and now after only 4 months of noteworthy racing are presented with an offer to purchase.

I conclude that the offeror sees a level of potential in the horse which is apparent to those of us watching his continued progress here, in New Zealand.

After doing some research I found that Jack's time of 3m20s in the Northern Derby would have won 6 of the last 10 Northern Derbies- faster than Tiger Tara, Russley Rascal, Stunin Cullen, Fiery Falcon, Changeover and Monkey King. And also faster than The Mighty Quinn and Monkey King ran in their Auckland Cup wins.

So Jack's ability to run competitively over the important longer distances is apparent.

How does he rank against the other top 3 year olds? In my view about 6 or 7th. which in itself should see him rank highly among the Jewels candidates by race day.

Mark Purdon's top 3 would rank higher, also Art Union, but he looks to be feeling the effects of a hard campaign; Hughie Green would rank no 1 in the north and about 4th. overall- but he has the occasional lapse and can be vulnerable
Jack has beaten all those currently ranked 6 to 16 in the Jewels money list that he has raced against, except for Express Stride ( who he did beat on merit in a workout) and he is reported to be out for the season anyway.

So I can see lots of good times ahead for Jack's racing career. After all, why do most us get into harness racing ownership other than to enjoy watching our horses race and all the associated experiences that go with it?

I will be displaying the Winston "No" card at the forthcoming vote.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:26 am

Hi Des. Welcome to the forum.
It is good to see that some out-of-towners hold the same opinion.
I went along to the monthly syndicate dinner last evening and there was further discussion on the impending vote and there was the same expected overwhelming support for a "no" vote.
If our ownership is retained the current plan is to aim for a race on the premier night of 17th April.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

The Faithful

Post by Des Carruthers on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:26 am

I live in Western Australia and my son Andrew, who shares a share in ATC2014, works and lives in Manila. We both love watching The Faithful and are emphatic NO voters.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

"The Faithful" - to sell or not to sell - that is the question.....

Post by Admin on Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:29 pm

We have an offer currently in front of us for the sale of The Faithful and although our trainer considers it a reasonable offer the general consensus of syndicate members that were present at Alexandra Park on Friday evening was an overwhelming "no" to the sale.

I agree with this "no" sentiment and I don't mind publicly stating that I will be voting against the sale at the meeting on Wednesday evening.
I will get much more enjoyment from watching and participating in Jack's future racing than I will in having a very modest amount of $$$ sitting passively in a bank account.

I did hear a couple of syndicate members saying that they supported the sale.  That is their right, it is a democratic syndicate after all and we must respect their decision.

Where the current syndicate ownership system fails, is that we as owners are unable to have a discussion amongst ourselves prior to important decisions such as this sale being voted upon.  Those members that are not based in Auckland, or who do not regularly attend Alexandra Park, are unable to garner the opinions of other members and must rely solely upon the information and comments provided in the Notice of Meeting.
Hence the reason for setting up this online discussion forum.
Let us start some healthy discussion.
Admin
Admin

http://atcsyndicatemembers.your-talk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top