Bettors Pocket

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bettors Pocket

Post by barryf on Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:09 am

Yes Des, from previous experience I have found the individual sectionals to be questionable and not to be relied upon.

As for the run, there looked to be a chance to get into the running line before the back runners moved up with over a lap to go but the opportunity was missed. Then again, drivers do not have rear vision mirrors unfortunately.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:57 pm

Bettors Pocket couldn't get into the race once again so we wait for some luck in running. I think that the sectional timing results on the Alexandra Park website are confusing as No Apachemee was reported as running his last 1/4 in 25.4 yet Bettors Pocket which was over a length behind No Apachemee at the 400 marker and finished within a neck of that horse was timed at 26.5 for his last 1/4. The final 1/4 for the leader (winner) and the death seat horse (second) also are puzzling.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by nealclan on Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:47 pm

Rob notified on Saturday that Major Chance has been turned out for a spell.

nealclan

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:13 pm

Last 800 in 56.0 whilst being held up twice according to the stewards report. Bettors Pocket is performing a bit like The Faithful which makes for interesting times ahead for ATC 2014. Does anyone know what is happening with Major Change?

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:33 pm

I have only just now been able to watch a replay video of last Friday nights race. Dodgy mobile internet whilst overseas stopped me checking on this till now.
That was an impressive run as he was last at the 400m mark and finished off really well. It appeared that he may have finished in an even better placing had he not run up behind a wall of horses as he approached the finish line. He is getting better with racing which to be honest is exceeding my expectations. Very Happy
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:37 pm

Once again a smart last half and quarter last Friday (10th.July). Maybe Posie can win more than 1 or 2 more as he continues to impress through his condition, competitiveness and racing manners.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:25 pm

A nice run from Bettors Pocket. No luck in the final lap and ran home the last 400 (whilst being held up for the first half of it) in 27.3 which was equal fastest for the entire meeting.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:43 am

I was travelling to Wellington on Fri afternoon so not only missed the opportunity to see his win personally but also missed out on the $18.40 golden payday. Damn!!!
I agree with your opinion Barry about a couple more potential wins, it he is carefully placed when and where to race.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:34 pm

Initially I thought he might not hold up the trail when Bettermack got 2-3 lengths in front early but fortunately Tony managed to get enough speed from him to keep the others out wide and the rest is history.
After boxing 3 in the tri I wasn't inclined to do anything more but when the price ballooned out late to $16 thought I would have a few dollars aboard. Was quite surprised that he went out to $18 after having been in single figures earlier in the day.

I think we can expect one or two more wins but probably not in a row.  Maybe not a horse who can do too much in a race but there are plenty like that and his manners are good these days.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:44 pm

On my God!!! What an unexpected win. I didn't pick him to win against Auckland company & the TAB obviously thought likewise for him to pay $18.40 for a win. Yes it is only a Franklin meeting but he beat some nice horses running home in 27.3 seconds.
He is clearly on the improve & isn't likely to pay $18.40 again any time soon. Nice.......
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Sun May 17, 2015 6:03 pm

Who would have thought that over two days and seven starters that the star ATC syndicate performer would be Bettors Pocket with two comfortable wins. Is there an update on The Faithful and is the Harness Jewels still on the program? Has anybody been out to see any of the ATC 2016 horses?

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Sun May 17, 2015 1:51 pm

Lovely win today in fast time, 2.00.9 mile rate for 2500 metres.

Stays in C1 with this free win.  This horse looks the part and races like the longer races will suit even more.

Will they come knocking on Tony's door? Would not be surprised.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Fri May 15, 2015 9:51 pm

A nice win tonight in what can only be described as truly horrible wet conditions.
He led for the final lap and a half and won nicely by a good margin.

Now onto his next challenge which is to be competitive as a C1 class horse, which may require trips to Cambridge and Manawatu or next summer maybe even races on the grass track circuit. The step up from maidens to C1 can be tough for some horses but if you are prepared to travel and are prepared to consider grass track racing then there are options available.
Tony has a habit of getting a win on horses that he considers to be "average" and then selling them to Aus so we will have to see which option he takes.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Mon May 11, 2015 9:40 pm

To race at Manawatu Raceway, Palmerston North on Friday evening. Race 3 at 7.10pm.
Not the best of draw having drawn number 9 on the second row.
An unusual choice of driver in Jay Abernethy, but it is noticed that Posie is the only runner from Tony Herlihy's barn that is running at the meeting so I would assume that Jay is the caretaker trainer whilst away and that Posie is going down on Jay's truck.
Jay has driven some of my own horses and either runs hot or cold, in that he will either give a brilliant drive or alternatively leaves you scratching your head wondering what just happened.
Here is hoping for the former, and that Posie can get the luck he will likely need in the running from his draw.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Bettors Pocket

Post by ray the beancounter on Fri May 08, 2015 11:13 pm

Ran a good time in his race this evening but his lack of gate speed cost him a better placing. He is an honest little horse that is doing okay running with the better assessed maidens at Alexandra Park.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top