Major Star

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Major Star

Post by ray the beancounter on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:41 pm

Thanks Conwell.
I wasn't aware that the market was open but I have just put a lazy $5 on, if only to be able to print out the ticket to show that we have had a horse nominated for the NZ Cup. Very Happy
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Conwell on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:29 pm

For those that haven't noticed yet, the market for the NZ Trotting Cup is open at the TAB on Option 994 and Star is at $61. Cool

Conwell

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:29 pm

I have been made aware of a telephone system message that was recorded by Rob Carr on Wednesday this week in regard to Star and a proposed course of action for him.

At this stage they are looking at a few easy days for him followed by a workout at the Franklin workouts on 5th September.
He will then travel south to compete in the Hannon Memorial (2600m Group 3 $25,000 standing start race) at Oamaru on Sunday 13th September.  It is proposed that he will remain down south and then run in the New Brighton Cup at Addington on Friday 25th September (2600m Group 3 $25,000 standing start race) with the winner being guaranteed a start in the New Zealand Trotting Cup.  Wave

After the New Brighton Cup he will return home to re-assess whether he continues on course to a NZ Cup planned start or whether they instead concentrate on the Auckland premier racing in December.
His performances down south will determine his immediate future.  Harness
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:49 pm

The following is the record, to date, for the 2010 to 2014 syndicates which are the ones that I am associated with.
Many thanks to Dene and Margaret for compiling this list - I am just the messenger attempting to post it...... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:45 pm

For those with long memories, or the ability  to read NZ Cup history, that spectacular pacer, Robalan, won the race , free legged, in 1974 at the age of 7 years.

Some comments have been made that it is too hard to win the big race as a 6 year old or older but since 2000 we have seen Kym's Girl (7), Monkey King ( 7 & eight) , Flashing Red (9 & 10) succeed, while in earlier years- not too far back- saw Blossom Lady (eight), Luxury Liner (7) etc.etc.
Smoken Up and Blacks A Fake are other "veterans" which were champions even in their twilight years.

It all depends on how they have been handled in their earlier years and how their constitution deals with maturity I guess.

Last edited by barryf on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Emoticon overwrite)

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:19 am

The 5 horses currently racing for ATC syndicates have collectively had 102 starts for 27 wins, 21 seconds, 11 thirds and about $400,000 in prize money. I feel that the best is yet to come from Major Star, Ideal Belle, The Faithful, Bettors Pocket and hopefully Major Change. At an average of $4,000 per start I hope that they have lots of starts.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:57 pm

Des, I have only been around marginally longer than yourself, having first becoming involved in the 2010 syndicate with Charge Forward (and others). It is from his wonderful performances that got us "hooked".
As for how many wins we have had since joining I will need to consult with the master on that one - help Dene!! I am sure you know the answer to that one.

I will likewise be looking on with interest as to how Start Dreaming goes in the semis and final of the Breeders Crown after the disasterous events in the recent repercharge.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:19 pm

Congratulations to the ATC Syndicate members on win number 200 with Major Star. I am a relative newcomer having started in ATC 2012 now with Ideal Belle and Major Star which are not a bad couple of horses for starters but for those members who have been involved over longer periods it must have been a great experience so far.
I am off to Victoria with my wife for the Breeders Crown semi finals and finals. She has no interest in the horses and plays on the pokies while the races are on. As horses only have to run in the first half dozen to qualify for the final, there may be some conservative decisions made in order to keep something in reserve for the final and perhaps a favourable barrier draw. The best clash appears to be Follow The Stars and Menin Gate but if they end up leader / leader's back I can't see any pressure being applied from the death seat at the risk of not qualifying for the final so Menin Gate could have an easy time in the lead. I also am keen to see how Start Dreaming performs in The Orange Agent's race. After locking wheels in her qualifying race I expect to see a great Z. Butcher drive.

Last edited by Des Carruthers on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by Conwell on Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:27 pm

Wow, that is great to see!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Conwell

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:43 pm

The New Zealand Cup nominations closed at 3pm yesterday. The list of 40 nominations is as follows...(the third to last name might be of interest)...

NZ Trotting Cup nominations: Saveapatrol, Messini, Mighty Flaying Mac, Major Bubbles, Bit Of A Legend, Christen Me, Franco Nelson, Venus Serena, Tiger Tara, Mossdale Conner, Delightful Dash, Te Kawau, Arden Rooney, Dalton Bromac, Ohoka Punter, Smolda, Quick As A Trick, Alleluia, Bettor Dream, Lancewood Lizzie, Sky Major, Belkmyster, Forever Gold, Mach's Gladiator, Mach Beauty, Jivin Cullen, Easy On The Eye, Lewy Risk, Brilliant Strike, No Doctor Needed, Jason Rulz, Ideal Success, Choise Achiever, Im Corzin Terror, Chancellor Cullen, Provocative Prince, Franco Ledger, Major Star, Zakspatrol, Ballindooley.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Conwell on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:26 pm

Looks like it's Jack vs Star on Friday night after both of them were nominated for the same race.  Shocked
Jack has a draw to suit his style from two on the second row, but unfortunately Star has drawn poorly again on the outside of the front row. (in a non-preferential barrier draw this time)
Judging by the HRNZ website it also appears both horses will be racing in the new ATC syndicate colours for the first time!!

Conwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:05 pm

Thank you for the report nealclan. Which race on Friday is he going to be nominated for?

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Major Star

Post by nealclan on Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:09 pm

Went to Pukekohe this morning to watch Star go around for a trail.  He lined up with River Polka First home Start Dreaming (who is going over to the Breeders Crown, and  McRoyal  they lead round in line Star was third back until the last 400m where he pulled out and went to the front with Start Dreaming tying hard to catch him and he won by nose. Bret is real pleased with him come on Friday night.

nealclan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top