Ideal Belle

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ideal Belle

Post by barryf on Sun May 10, 2015 2:34 pm

Looking at the run again, I agree- not too bad all things considered, particularly with the passing lane looking sticky by the last race.  Hopefully she comes back refreshed in the spring and doesn't want to demolish a post or two in the paddock meantime.

I wondered how they came up with her official last 800 in 53.9s.
At the 800 she was 4.5 lengths from the leader, then 3.9 lengths from the winner at the post. Presumably they clock the leader at the 800 and the winner at the post, so I would have thought nearer 54.1 or 54.2 as the official last 800 was in 54.4s., but maybe they have a different formula.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Sat May 09, 2015 12:20 pm

I had Ideal Belle running her last 800m in 54.1 ... with shell grit all over her .... using the sprint lane that was 10 races old. That was the fastest last 800m for the meeting so she is not going too badly.
The official sectional times have just been published. Ideal Belle last 800m ... 53.9 ( 26.9 / 27.0 ).

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Fri May 08, 2015 11:08 pm

The post race advice from Barry Purdon this evening is that Belle is now headed to the spelling paddock. The leader ran home in 54.4 seconds over the final 800m and Belle may have gone a touch quicker having come from the back. In Barry's words....she wasn't bad, but she is not the same horse that we had when she won the Oaks.
She effectively went straight from the recuperation box into racing and has done a good job, but a decent break now will let her get over whatever is still troubling her and then we can start again next season.
She has done a damn fine job considering the injury she sustained - enjoy the rest girl and we will see you again next season.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Mon May 04, 2015 10:19 pm

Belle has been nominated for both the Alexandra Park meeting on Friday evening and also the Addington meeting on Saturday.
Trainer Barry Purdon advised Rob this evening that he is still yet to decide which option will be taken but there was some indication that Auckland may be preferred, with Belle potentially travelling down to Christchurch next week - assuming that she was to come through Friday nights race okay.
All we can do is watch the fields that will be released tomorrow to see which option is to be taken.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:03 am

I went along to Alexandra Park on Saturday to watch the workouts and Belle is clearly on the improve but would only appear to be 90% race fit. The workout was run in a rather quick 2 min 42 sec with Mr McKendry running then along in front. Belle only battled from about the 150m mark and was very much in need of the run, but after the probable viral infection that she has been fighting then this is entirely expected. She is looking good but may just need a little more time to get the fitness back.

She finished in behind in 5th place but to be fair the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th horses did finish fairly well bunched. It will be interesting to see how Belle goes in a race on Friday evening, where I am assuming she will be nominated into the C3 to C6 fillies and mares race over 1700m.

Overall time 2:42.2 Last 800m 56.4 Last 400m 27.9
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:53 pm

What an interesting workout. A workout last year just before Ideal Belle hurt herself also featured Sky Major and Ideal Belle ... great effort by Belle against such a highly ranked colt. I have got Lancewood Lizzie ahead of Venus Serena at the moment so it will also be good to see Ideal Belle and Lancewood Lizzie in the same workout.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:17 pm

The workouts fields are this week published on the HRNZ website a day earlier that normal and are available Thursday evening.
Belle goes around in a workout on Saturday at Alexandra Park.  It is a currently listed as a 5 horse workout, of which 4 of them are from Barry Purdon's stable......it will be interesting to see who drives Belle.

Race 8 [11:45am] MOBILE PACE. (C4 & faster)    2200m
Book Name Draw Hdcp Class Trainer
1 Asuka 1 Front C4 Barry Purdon
2 Ideal Belle 2 Front C5 Barry Purdon
3 Mossdale Conner 3 Front C6 Greg & Nina Hope
4 Lancewood Lizzie 4 Front C7 Barry Purdon
5 Sky Major 5 Front OC Barry Purdon
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:29 pm

Yes that would be nice, but (and that is a big but!!) I understand that the bloods drawn off Belle last week were out of kilter and indicated that a viral infection was the most likely cause of her recent failure. It is a too short of a turnaround time to get her back up to the top level to take on the rigours of the Taylor Mile by the end of next week. I may be wrong, but I would think the Taylor Mile may be a week or two too soon.
I wouldn't be surprised to see her go around in a normal class race instead.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:11 pm

The Taylor Mile on Friday week looks like a cracking race with a host of top horses trying to establish credentials as New Zealand's second best horse after the retirements of Terror To Love and Adore Me. Hopefully, Ideal Belle is back on track and can take her place in the field.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:25 pm

I was at Alexandra Park on another matter this evening and Zac gave a brief update on Belle. He advised that nothing further has come to light that would explain Belle’s sub par performance last Friday evening and that she seems well in herself. They are putting it down to a probable viral complaint in the absence of any other evidence.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Ideal Belle

Post by Des Carruthers on Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:07 pm

I didn't pat her but I would like to after she wins the Breeders Crown. I attended last year and the 3yo fillies event was won by Just Cala (Cala in NZ) who ran down the track Ideal Belle's Oaks.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:13 pm

Missed the meeting so pleased that was mentioned by Rob Carr. I intended to mention it to him when I caught up next, so no need now.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:54 am

A point that was again re-iterated by Rob Carr at the syndicate dinner last evening to all in attendance. A pertinent reminder not to touch the horses, especially pre-race.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:23 am

Seems to getting too many pats from various enthusiasts pre race.
Highly tuned animals can be vulnerable to anything which the "patter" may be carrying on his/her hands.Even respiratory ailments could have unfortunate outcomes upon the animal..

barryf

Back to top Go down

Ideal Belle

Post by ray the beancounter on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:39 am

The information passed on to us last evening by Rob Carr at the monthly syndicate dinner was that Belle didn't choke down or have a breathing problem in Fridays race (as was being wrongly rumoured) and that she has been scoped and this showed nothing out of the ordinary.
She did cough, but only the once, after the race. Other than that Barry is at a complete loss for a reason for the performance and can only put it down to a viral infection of which there are plenty going around many stables at the moment.
Current plan is to give her a week off and then bring her back for a workout on 11th April in readiness for racing 17th and/or 24th April.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top