ATC 2017 Syndicate

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ATC 2017 Syndicate

Post by Des Carruthers on Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:08 pm

Eclipse Me begins well in fights on well. She ran her final 800m off the front in 55.8 sec. Have a look at the run of the Barry Purdon trained Talk To The Sky in the same race who was last at the 800m on ran home 3 and 4 wide to finish on the heels of the first two. It must have run a final 800m in 54 something. It is lightly raced and definitely one to watch. I see that Major Change is well fancied in the early betting and is selected to win by trottech. Imagine what would be the case if Major Change was racing well. Go Major Star. Who is going to be on track tomorrow? I am working and so will have to record the meeting and watch it later. If we win don't forget to wave to the T.V. camera.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:34 pm

Yes I agree it was a nice win by Eclipse Me tonight. I did think that she had given it away coming down the straight and was going to run second but she picked up the bit again and ended with a nice win by a head.
I also hold your opinion regarding the better sire. Eclipse Me is by Real Desire who as a sire has never thrilled me, whereas the 2017 syndicate horse Park Avenue (half brother) is by Mach Three.
As regards the 2016 syndicate we wait with bated breath to see the horses on the track.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:12 pm

The win by Eclipse Me tonight might tempt one or two to take a share as the half brother yearling is by , arguably, a better sire.

Some positive news from the 2016 syndicate would also help the sales of 2017.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:45 pm

The 50 available shares are apparently selling at a steady pace with two-thirds sold in the first 2 weeks and one-third (16 shares) still available, according to the monthly newsletters released this evening.
I would assume that the two-thirds that have already been taken up have been done so by members from previous syndicates, which would of course be the largest captive audience to sell to and will be the easiest ones to sell.
The final one-third will now be the challenge for Rob to sell and it will be interesting to see how long they take to dispose of.
The 2016 syndicate sold out I believe in a record 5 days and the prior one (2014 syndicate) took much much longer.
Some prior syndicate members have publicly stated that they will not be continuing in the syndicates or will only be taking an "interest" portion in a share, for one reason or another. "New blood" is therefore going to be required to fully subscribe the syndicate.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:29 pm

Subscribers and potential subscribers to the new syndicate would have been encouraged by the run of Eclipse Me in the $30000 Sires Stakes/Rosslands  Graduette series at Alex Park on Friday night.
The half sister to Lot 143 led up and fought well for a good second, beating some nice fillies in the process.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:15 pm

The trainers did remarkably well to purchase the 3 yearlings within the allocated budget.

I think L143 is the first Mach Three to be purchased for ATC.  Some say they can be a handful being strong willed but the good ones are strong and determined racehorses with plenty of attitude.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:37 pm

Hi Des. Of recent times I have been waivering as to whether I would join this next syndicate but the 3 horses purchased today have certainly raised my interest and I will be taking a share in the syndicate.
Lots 9 and 138 have really grabbed my interest, while lot 143 leaves me a little ho-hum as regards the breeding on the page however I like the idea of having a Mach Three colt in the syndicate. The three lots combined looks well balanced with a Bettors colt a Bettors filly and a Mach Three colt, all at a total purchase price of $91,000 + GST. Cannot complain at that.

I was a little surprised that all 3 syndicate horses were purchased at Auckland as many of the horses sold attracted prices well above the syndicate budget. I had expected at least one if not two of the horses to be purchased in Christchurch.

I wasn't at the Franklin workouts but the reports passed on to me are encouraging with a very slow overall time (a galloping pacemaker used) but a quick 55 second last half and Star held Hughie Green out right to the end. Star was wearing hopples due to the tight'ish bend at the carpark end of the track.
Based upon this performance, if the real Star turns up on Saturday then he wins.

ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

ATC 2017 Syndicate

Post by Des Carruthers on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:43 pm

Lot 9 ... A full brother to My Kiwi Mate ... Lot 138 ... A full sister to Miss Kitty ... Lot 143 ... A 1/2 brother to Bettor Me and Eclipse Me ... What does everyone think ? The two horse trial on Saturday between Major Star and Hughie Green must have been a cracker based on the final sectional times. It makes Major Star look a good thing next Saturday if he reproduces that form. Did anybody go to Franklin and can give some feedback as there is no video of the trial available at this time?

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top