Heart's Delight - gone but not forgotten

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Heart's Delight - gone but not forgotten

Post by barryf on Tue May 31, 2016 9:29 pm

Sorry to read that Ray.

I remember the excitement when you and Paul bought her at the sales- a steal we thought.

R I P from me too.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Heart's Delight - gone but not forgotten

Post by ray the beancounter on Fri May 27, 2016 10:20 pm

I had the pleasure of owning and racing a Bettor’s Delight filly recently.  She was a beautiful natured horse that was always easy to work with and always took on a mothering role in calming the young horses around the stable.

Her stable name was Amy (racing name Heart’s Delight) and won just the one race in her career on the grass at Wanganui in December 2014.
Due to her gentle nature I always thought that her career would be as a broodmare rather than as a racehorse.

She was so gentle that she was frequently used in the amateurs drivers courses and I had the pleasure and privilege of driving her when I did the amateur drivers weekend workshop in August last year.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We sold her about a year ago and her trainer kept her because of her calming nature around nervous young horses.

I caught up with her trainer this evening at Alexandra Park and it was with great sadness that she told me that Amy had died recently, very suddenly from a suspected heart attack. She was only 4 years old. Due to the high regard held by all she has been buried in a prime position next to the training track under the pine trees.

Rest in Peace Amy. Rip
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top