Ideal Belle (AGM)

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ideal Belle (AGM)

Post by Conwell on Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:47 pm

ray the beancounter wrote:I don't want to sound like a negative nelly but it must be a knock to the confidence levels when you are aiming at some bigger races such as the Queen of Hearts and possibly the Auckland Cup, to be passed by a horse such as Bronze Over. The Oaks-winning Belle would have won, end of story. Is she ready for the top line races??

If it's any consolation, Ideal Belle was beaten by Charleston Belle over 1609m just a couple of months before she won the Oaks. (a horse that has only won 5 races from 53 starts to date)

I get the feeling that there's still some improvement in Belle yet and that the stable are taking their time with her at the moment. Remember she hadn't raced for 3 weeks and they are targeting a race with her that isn't until mid December. That's why I'm also not too upset about Jack dodging the stronger competition over Cup week as I would rather that they looked after him with the Auckland Cup in mind.

....apparently I have my positive hat on today. Smile

Conwell

Back to top Go down

Post by geejay on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:08 pm

Yeah Ray,that was my first reaction after the race,dam letting a horse like Bronze Over beat her home !.But after having a better look at Bronze Overs record perhaps we are underestimating this mare a bit.
Only 15 starts to date with 6 wins,3 2nds and 1 3rd is not too bad,then looking at her last start win over Mr Euroman and Killer Queen,a very impressive run coming from last to win ,Time: 2-41.3 (1-57.9) for 2200m.
The previous start 5th behind The Faithful and Ardens Choice was in the perfect trail to the home bend ,lost ground when she negotiated the bend badly but finished of well once balanced up again ,Winners Time: 2-45.3 (2-00.9),a full 4 secs slower than her win next.
Looks like a horse that is stepping up ,be interesting to follow her next few starts to see if thats the case or not.
Belle has had to run some very slick times on resuming ,pretty tough return, so she can't be too far behind the Belle of old if any I would think ,competition now stronger too.Do wonder though if the longer distances may be more her thing.

geejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:19 am

I don't want to sound like a negative nelly but it must be a knock to the confidence levels when you are aiming at some bigger races such as the Queen of Hearts and possibly the Auckland Cup, to be passed by a horse such as Bronze Over. The Oaks-winning Belle would have won, end of story. Is she ready for the top line races??
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by geejay on Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:01 am

A nice enough run by Belle I guess,winner pretty special,as Sam Ottley said this is the fastest horse she has ever driven.

geejay

Back to top Go down

Post by geejay on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

geejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:16 pm

Can anybody provide an update on Belle's run at the workouts today?
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:58 am

Yes, a great thrill to see Belle stretching the field out early and fighting on in the old style at the finish.

I understand that the plan is to enter her for a 1700 metres mobile in a fortnight's time, at Alex.Park.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by geejay on Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:01 am

Gallant in defeat I thought,a little surprised Aliante of all her stablemates was the one to beat her home but she did have the perfect run and off course has the genes to be dam good.
Just had to be our Major Stars ex,Mangos the driver to defeat us,a little annoying that.
Thought Belle held the rest at bay pretty well,was a wall of horses coming at her down the straight but Ardens Choice the only one taking ground really fast of her though Hughie Green luckily enough never got out of his pocket,looked full of running.
Barry sure got her away nicely at the start and drove a good race,was expecting No Doctor Needed to really have a go for the lead when he came round but looked like Phelan thought it was no point trying Wonder how things would have turned out for The Faithful if he had got to the death seat instead,being a little closer on straightening may have helped him.
Any idea of when and where to next for Belle,presume will stick with the Auckland meets,seem to be the better stakes at the moment.

geejay

Back to top Go down

Post by geejay on Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:53 pm

The big Boss to drive Belle friday night ,he does like to drive the best horse doesn't he ?.well he did last week by his own account.Hopefully is the case this week then.
5 of 9 runners from the same stable ,looking a bit like the All Stars stable.Def some quality in these 5 though a couple of those other runners not too shabby.
Should be a great contest,standing start should be interesting and could be plenty of interest in the lead during the race so could be a great spectacle,handy perhaps for the faithful followers having a horse that is happy to sit parked.
Big B to stamp his authority !!!!Fingers Crossed

geejay

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:45 pm

I doubt whether Addington is on the agenda for Belle. The mares' race on Show Day excludes Group One winners, so Rocker Band is also  ineligible which is probably why she is up here,also targeting the Queen of Hearts presumably.

There is quite a bit of general racing over the Christmas/ New Year period in the North Island which should suit them both.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by geejay on Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:50 am

Hope Zac is right and better still to come from Belle.Her last 800 was 55.2 with winner 55.0,very good times despite not blistering like her first race.
Talking about attractive opportunities ahead after a quick look on hrnz horse program lookup NZ Metro seems to be offering the best stakes in Oct/Nov for races Belle qualifies for,find it a bit strange Rocker Band has come north so early this being the case.
Would a trip south for Belle be wise,she won the Oaks there and would have downed Venus Serena in the Nevelle R Fillies Series Final if Nat Rasmussen had kept control of her horse and not knocked Belle at a vital time.So Addington a good hunting ground.NZ Cup next year perhaps,oh if only ! Very Happy

geejay

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:28 pm

Hi Geejay. Zac spoke post race to the team and said he was happy with Belle's run, thinks she is still a little bit fat so should improve with the run.
Personally I was a little disappointed with the run considering she stayed on the fence and was touched off for 4th.by Rocker Band who lost plenty of ground at the start, but as you point out her hard race the previous week may have take some energy out of her.
Hopefully she will pick up again as there are plenty of attractive opportunities ahead.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by geejay on Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Good to see Belle run the race out strongly just not good enough on the night but not a bad effort,hard first up run perhaps a factor ?.
Hughie Green was impressive winning and The Faithful very impressive after sitting parked the whole way while No Dr Needed fought valiantly after ruining my planned trail for Belle.
Another very fast last 800 metres too much for those behind the first 3 into the straight , Barry Purdon told the stewards as much as this when questioned about Start Dreamings run and who's performance he was quite satisfied with.
Hope Belle has come through this ok,pretty pleased with the horse we have got back,competition so tough now so is a testing introduction back to racing for her,hopefully she has improvement still in her and a win again not far away. Fingers Crossed
Track listed as slushy but looked ok this race so doubt this could be any excuse for Belle,interested to know what Zac had to say if anyone out there knows would be great to hear.

geejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:44 pm

Geejay I will have a look at the display options when I am back home next week regarding the display of the most recent posts on the first page. I have tried logging on with admin rights but on a small 7 inch tablet and dodgy mobile internet, that is currently the too hard basket. I need access to my home computer for that one.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:17 pm

Yes Des- It doesn't appear that Mick Guerin has been attending the trials/workouts but taking the published results as gospel- which we know were a load of bu...it.

If he had have been watching he may have observed which was hard held, which was being driven along, who was driving  and what the true margins were.

I believe we will be there at the finish, unless bad luck intervenes..

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:46 pm

Hello Ray, welcome to the off shore ATC Syndicates Supporters Group. I always thought that New Zealand was an island off the coast of Fiji. Try wearing two watches to help with the time difference.
I have just read an article on the HRNZ website all about the return of Hughie Green. The author gives the Spring Cup to Hughie Green and in the entire article about the race does not even mention The Faithful or Ideal Belle. They are dismissed because they are having their first start in open company. Surely those two, off the front mark in a standing start, will be major players in how the race is run, travel on the fence and be part of the rush to the finish. I believe that 6 of the 8 starters have winning claims but it depends on whoever gets the luck and the best drive.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:01 am

Hi guys. Haven't been able to contribute much recently as have been away and still am. On an island off the coast of Fiji and only have limited internet access. Unfortunately we cannot be on course tonight for what should be an absolute ripper of a race. Still working on my combination bets but they certainly include Jack and Belle. Will see the result online just hoping also to be able to
watch a stuttering video on mobile internet. Oh yes and must remember there is currently a 1 hour time difference due to NZ daylight saving kicking in.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by geejay on Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:02 pm

Oh dear,didn't see was now a page 2 ,i prefer the format of newest posts coming top on page 1 ,so I don't make this mistake.Anyway great to see Conwell and Barryf as usual.

geejay

Back to top Go down

Post by geejay on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:51 pm

Hello Des,Looks like all NZ is still sleeping,so you will have to make do with a few words from me on the other side of the world for the time being.
Being in Ideal Belles corner I am hoping Zac has chosen to drive Belle as the best drive ahead of The Faithful but could be more to it.Barry certainly wouldn't give him the option of Start Dreaming seeing as he apparently rates her the best of the 3.Perhaps we will find out if thats right or not in this race though suspect ladyluck could play a big part in who wins.
Not a big fan of stable tactics but if they suit Belle I wouldn't complain like I would normally do.Whatever a stable first four would go down nice.
Belle must have a decent chance of leading from the start with her normal good stand starts,at least I hope she doesn't trail Beyond The Silence.Hughie Green I see as coming for the lead soon as he can,think he would be the one to trail and not one to give a big fight with to hold the lead.Can see the 3 stablemates all coming strong at the end so gonna be one hell of a race.
The bonus is a big carrot ,can't deny The Faithful would deserve it.
Agree Belle to Australia could be a good move if she performs well next couple of races.
Haven't checked out the 2017 syndicate yet.

geejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:42 am

The Faithful by a head to pick up the bonus. Don't forget Little Rascal for trifectas ... no run in Start Dreaming's win and just behind The Faithful in last week's trial.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:32 am

A tough one when 2 of ours go hoof to hoof with others.

I might take a mix of Ideal Belle, The Faithful, Hughie Green and Start Dreaming for a boxed tri and throw in No Doctor Needed for a first four, with one of them being a Roving Banker anchor.

A dead heat for first between Belle and Jack would be the dream result. Yahoo Yahoo

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Conwell on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:06 pm

So who is everyone picking for the Spring Cup on Friday?

I've been swaying back and forth between whether Belle or Jack is our best chance. Jack is as honest as they come and in great form but Belle has a touch more class about her. Ultimately I think it will come down to who begins best as I can see mid race pressure coming from Hughie Green or No Doctor Needed and if either Belle or Jack are sitting in the trail when they straighten up, they will be very hard to beat.  

Can't wait! bounce

Conwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:49 pm

Hello, is anybody out there?
Interesting to see that Zac Butcher will drive Ideal Belle on Friday. Hopefully one of our horses can benefit from some stable tactics this race as we are owed something, particularly The Faithful as he is on a bonus and has done the hard work for stablemates on more than one occasion. Perth is now 5 hours behind Auckland so I will have to keep that in mind if I want to watch the races live. Don't forget to wave at the photo shoot if one of our horses wins. ATC 2017 sounds very promising ... do others agree? What about Ideal Belle racing in Australia or even Perth for the big mares race at the Interdominion. We may never again have the opportunity to race such a good horse in the top class races.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by geejay on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:22 am

See Mark Jones is sending Rocker Band up to Barry Purdon,Spring Cup and Holmes DG on her immediate agenda ,that's more stiff competition for Belle from within the stable with Start Dreaming showing last week she is a force to be reckoned with,not to mention The Faithful who is also looking pretty awesome.Was hoping for a little easier introduction back to racing for Belle but looks like nothing short of running record time could be necessary to get a win.
With you all the way Des in encouraging all viewers and especially syndicate members to contribute to this blogsite ,for us syndicate members living abroad it sure does enrich our syndicate experience and is great to be able to socialize with fellow members and hear their thoughts on all involving our horses.
Am really grateful to you members that are often able to attend the races and workouts and are presently conveying us virtually if not live updates and news ,the more the merrier of those who can do that,a month is a long time between news if one has only the newsletters to rely on.
Quite like Andy Gaths website in Auss where one can see his twitter comments on his horses that are about to race,great to hear his views on our ex, Major Star,what he thought of his previous run and how he expects his chances are for the upcoming race.Maybe such may have a bit of influence on the TAB but interesting reading.
With Barry Purdon having a website now as well as on facebook one would think they would use these outlets to bring owners more news of their horses.Just a short post saying something like Belle has come through her race well would be very comforting news for anxious owners.And the odd pic would also be good.
Belle's run last week was pretty exceptional alright when you see her sectionals and how strongly she finished of the race after losing so much ground.Still think the starter should have been reprimanded for that start,the stewards report,very slow away,was a poor sum-up by them of what happened.
Certainly encouraging for the future if Belle has come through this race well.Just a little concerned her races here could be rather fiercely competed ,unlike Aussie is not much to pick and choose from but I guess thats a sacrifice we must take for being lucky enough to have got such a good horse. cheers

geejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:10 pm

“Pretty good”.....you are a hard taskmaster Mr Carruthers. Giggle
It was a truly exceptional run – and that was just a first up race effort. It was a track record last 800 metres and she looked as fresh as a daisy after the race. She pulled up very well.

I understand that the plans are for Jack to attend the workouts next Saturday in readiness for the Spring Cup on Friday 30th September, a race in which Belle will also run.

Sean Grayling was the driver of Belle last night and he was livid that the starter let the field go before all competitors were ready. He mentioned that Barry was also not in position when the race started, but was facing the right direction and caught the field easier that what Belle could.
Thankfully the first half of the race was a bit pedestrian which enabled Belle to tack on to the back of the field easily enough, but the blistering track record pace of the last 800 metres made any position improvement virtually impossible.

Personally I don’t give a damn where she finished and I said this to others in attendance on the night - I attended the race to she her run regardless of her finishing position, to see her be competitive which she was (her last 800m of 53.4 seconds was the second fastest of the race) and more importantly to see her come through the race unscathed. If she can remain sound – then SHE IS BACK.....
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top