Ideal Belle (AGM)

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ideal Belle (AGM)

Post by Des Carruthers on Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:18 pm

Since Ideal Belle raced last night there have been 26 views of the observations that I made on this blogsite after watching the race on television in Western Australia. Seemingly, members enjoy reading the views of the regular contributors. The regular contributors also enjoy reading the views and opinions of fellow members and would really appreciate those readers to also contribute to the blogsite, particularly if they have been a first hand witness at a particular race, trial or event. As always, I am looking forward to the monthly newsletters but by the time they are published the news may be up to 4 weeks old. e.g. Why did Miss Kitty go for a spell after finishing just behind two horses that raced really well within a week of that trial? I am not questioning the wisdom of the decision but as a part owner of the horse, I would like to be told the reasoning behind it. Syndicate members in Australia, Canada, Iceland and The Philippines rely on sites such as this to enrich their syndicate experience and to "socialize" with fellow members. Coffee Time
Take a look at the front on view of Ideal Belle's race start ... available on the Alexandra Park live streaming on their website. She was at a right angle to the others and facing the centre of the track when the starter let them go. Instead of getting a 25m start on No Doctor Needed she gave him a 40m start. Rip
Sectional timing for Ideal Belle ... 26.4 / 27.0 for a 53.4 last half whilst 3 and 4 wide after playing catch up for the first half lap. 1.56.8 last mile which was equal to Start Dreaming after giving her a huge start. Pretty good.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:39 am

Standing starts continue to be a lottery, sometimes they work for you and other times against you.
I understand that Sean Grayling called out to the starter that he hadn't yet straightened up but the call went unheeded so he was left 30 or so metres adrift before getting under way. Ideal Belle went a mighty race after that and raced strongly to the line without being able to make enough ground to be in the placings, not surprising considering they went 53.7s for the last 800 metres.
Belle apparently recovered quickly post race and  physically looks very good .

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by geejay on Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:30 am

Didn't look like Belle was ready at start,surprised the starter let them go.Thought she should have followed No Dr Needed into the running line to get 1-1 ,odd decision not to.Good run considering the fast last 800.

geejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:31 pm

A very different return to racing by Ideal Belle. Was she ready at the start or still turning into her position when the starter let them go? A long way behind the second last horse, tack on at the back, give up the ride on the back of the favourite to the boss on the eventual winner, run home solidly 4 wide in a record 53.7 last 800m, finish under 4 lengths from the winner ... if she has pulled up well then we have to be very happy and look forward to some great racing ahead. Any feedback from the stable after the race?

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by Conwell on Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:17 pm

barryf wrote:The word from the oracle is that they don't want to risk Jack receiving a handicap penalty for winning prior to the Spring Cup as he would start from the front on present indications.

Sounds like some confident and promising words are being spoken.

I never thought I'd see the day that the stable were concerned about Jack winning. Razz

Conwell

Back to top Go down

Post by geejay on Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:05 am

Great to aee Ideal Belle ready to return to racing friday night , she looks in good shape .
Many thanks go out to Barry Purdon and Katrina P especially from all accounts has played a huge part in assisting Belles recovery  ,the rest of their team too along with those expensive but no doubt talented vets as well as anyone else involved in getting Belle up and going again.
Has been a long anxious wait for us syndicate members but am in no doubt everyone thrilled to see her back and looking so well and from her 2 workouts we can feel pretty optimistic for her returning sucessfully to racing again.
A small field but some tough competition first up , I don't mind having The Faithful not in her race,he's been looking specially strong this time in so would have meant an even tougher race for Belle.That receiving a handicap penalty a plausible excuse for his absence though a small letup after a couple of tough runs would be deserved.
Interesting to see the junior driver for Belle,to get the 10m concession I presume which is handy.He does seem a very good and promising young driver so hopefully this will be a good decision,
Thanks again Barryf for your quick news from Belle's workout ,nice sum-up, like your Spec Saver post too yeah strange margins hopefully helps the tote,I hate backing favorites. cheers

geejay

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:54 am

The word from the oracle is that they don't want to risk Jack receiving a handicap penalty for winning prior to the Spring Cup as he would start from the front on present indications.

Sounds like some confident and promising words are being spoken.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Conwell on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:41 pm

So Belle is in this Friday, but where is Jack? Neutral

I was sure he'd be there too given there's no racing at Alex Park next weekend and the following week is the $20k Spring Cup which they should be targeting with him. confused

Conwell

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:24 pm

Did the judge visit Robbie Burns liquor store prior to the race, or did he Start Dreaming at the end of the race as the margins of 1 length, 2 lengths are Spec Savers material.Rolling Eyes
2 lengths and a head would be more like it.
Anyway I suppose the scribes will take the published margins as gospel which won't do the tote price any harm... Very Happy
Having said that I do appreciate the work these officials put in for no pay, or if any leftovers, a hot pie and coffee at the end of the day's work. Coffee Time

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Conwell on Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:44 pm

Thanks for the info Barry.

If Belle is ready to go to the races next week then I guess it's likely to be Belle vs Jack on Friday night!!

Let's hope that goes as well as Star vs Jack last season.  Very Happy

Conwell

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:58 pm

Today's workout at Franklin Raceway was a 2500 metres, right handed,  standing start affair with 4 starters- Robbie Burns replacing Culinary Delight, otherwise as per last week.

Driver Maurice McKendry was in race mode today with Hughie Green and took the lead to set a brisk tempo throughout, with Ideal Belle (Sean Grayling) trailing from Start Dreaming and Robbie Burns.  The order remained unchanged   until half way down the finishing straight when Start Dreaming got to second with Ideal Belle going comfortably enough in 3rd.place.

Winner's time was announced as 3m12.4s, with final sectionals in 57s and 27s., so 6. 6 seconds faster than last week and final quarter just over 1 second faster.
Trainer, Barry Purdon, watching from Start Dreaming's sulky, was happy with the run and said they will look at a start at Alex.Park next week.  The programme shows an R80 and faster limited standing start race over 2700 metres as the event for which she is eligible. Zac Butcher is away at present so it will be interesting to see who takes the reins.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:27 pm

As regards Kitty it must have been a 50:50 call as to whether to continue with her or to spell her - after a mediocre trial and then a more promising workout. We can only assume that she didn't bounce back as quick as expected after the latest workout.

As for Belle - we can only assume, in the absence of any other information, that she was thriving after her workout last weekend and that is the reason that she is to line up again this week.

Des, there have not been any messages on the phone message system that I am aware of in regard to Kitty or Belle, so we are as much in the dark as you are. The geographical distance between the horses and the syndicate member doesn't alter the fact that we are all left in the dark as to any up to date information. Yes those that are able to attend workouts are able at times to garner a bit more information and we are very grateful for updates provided on this forum in that regard.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Conwell on Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:44 pm

I'm surprised to see that Miss Kitty has been moved to the spelling section on Barry's website as I thought her workout last weekend was an improvement on her trial two weeks earlier and Sean seemed to be pretty pleased with her. Maybe she didn't come through the workout well? Question

Conwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:45 am

Has there been any update on Ideal Belle since her workout last Saturday? Has she come through it ok and is she to go again this weekend? The HRNZ website news section had a piece on the good workout of Start Dreaming beating three others including Hughie Green. No mention of Ideal Belle who was hard held to the finish. Good luck to Major Change on Thursday. Who makes the decision to retire Major Change who seems to have reached his mark some time ago? Short of a drastic change in race performance it is surely time to reduce this syndicate to The Faithful and Bettors Pocket who pay their way. It does look a bit like ATC2017 will get race starters before ATC2016 with Miss Kitty back out spelling according to the Barry Purdon website.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:34 pm

Thanks Barry, from all of those syndicate members that were unable to attend the workouts today.
The run certainly sounds to be full of merit for a first up run after such a lengthy time away from the track. Tackling a 2500m standing start as your first up assignment is no easy task.

Did anybody see if a mobile recording van was present on course to film the workouts and trials?
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:25 pm

As soon as she stepped on to the Franklin track today you could sense the excitement of having the big girl back in good physical health.

Her presence was imposing, as ever.

Zac Butcher went straight to the front in the 4 horse 2500 right handed standing start and she kept up a steady tempo to be just touched off by quality stablemate, Start Dreaming, who had trailed through with gaps to Culinary Delight and Hughie Green.
Overall time was 3m19, Mile rate 2m08; last half in 57.1s and quarter in 28.6s.
Margins- Nose, 2 1/2 l., 1/2 length.
So a promising return and further workouts are probably on the agenda.  Franklin workouts are scheduled for 10th. and 17th.September.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:52 pm

And also for those of us non-foreigners that have a self imposed sentence of hard labour on Saturdays - a 1 hour drive, a day of sanding a boat, a 1 hour drive home.
I would dearly love to see Belle going around in person but I am committed to helping a family member at the moment. I can only hope that the workouts are filmed and will thus make it onto the HRNZ website - there is after all a trial being run so the chances of it being filmed is more likely than not. Harness
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:53 pm

Don't forget the incisive feedback for us foreigners.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:11 pm

Great timing as wouldn't be able to get there much before 11.15.

Hope the cafe food holds out!

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Conwell on Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:05 pm

Kitty, Belle, Change and Surfie all at the trials tomorrow between 12pm-1pm. Very Happy

Conwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Conwell on Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:57 pm

According to Barry's website Belle will be at the workouts this Saturday.  bounce

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Conwell

Back to top Go down

Ideal Belle (AGM)

Post by ray the beancounter on Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:08 pm

Notes from today’s syndicate AGM held at Alexandra Park:

• Belle to attend workouts on either 3rd or 9th September (I think they probably meant Saturday 10th) but she is a work in progress and will be monitored carefully.
• Katrina Purdon spoke of her care for Belle and they clearly have a special relationship, Katrina is very proud and doting. Katrina has sourced a special grain feed for Belle which she loves eating. She is a good eater and is a happy horse now that she is back in training.
• Belle’s leg is significantly improved with the swelling down. She is iced after running and has Aloe Vera applied along with a compression bandage. Katrina has also sourced a magnetic therapy boot which is showing good results.
• Belle to be primed for the better mares races, as expected.
• Belle is now not wearing bandages when jogging nor doing hoppled work and is not currently showing any signs of knuckling over and hitting her knee.
• Monthly contributions are to be dropped by only $20 per month, with effect from 20th September, which will still be more than any other prior one-horse syndicates but they are still nervous of any possible ongoing vet bills and want a cash buffer just in case.
• Belle will race at this stage until Barry Purdon pulls the plug on her racing career and then the marketing people at the ATC will be consulted to effectively advertise her sale by tender as a broodmare, with the tender to be run by the ATC.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top