Miss Kitty

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Miss Kitty

Post by ray the beancounter on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:59 pm

Miss Kitty (known in Australia as Hello Miss Kitty) is having her first Australian start on Monday at Yarra Valley in Victoria.
Trained by W.C. Bickerton (sorry but the name is not known to me) and driven by John Caldow. Race 4 2.23pm Aus time.

Is starting off in the C0 M0 "mugs grade" so should do well, however saying that the number 1 horse has had a win and 4 placings in its last 5 starts so Kitty will not have it all her own way.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:47 pm

The Miss Kitty meeting was held first at 7pm and was a lot more informal than we have previously encountered but it was very refreshing as it encouraged more open discussion. This was always going to be a closer vote than the vote for The Faithful and options such as moving Miss Kitty to a cheaper trainer were floated, on the proviso that it be more seriously and openly discussed if the vote to not sell were the majority.
A cheaper trainer more focused on Cambridge, Manawatu and possibly grass track racing.
The total vote count was 23 for a sale versus 9 to retain the horse, so she is off to Australia assuming that the Australian purchaser follows through with payment.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:41 pm

On the other hand a move to a stable which travels to Cambridge and Manawatu regularly would be likely to prolong her racing career here.Even were she to be trained at Cambridge that would not be unreasonable as there is a hard core of members located in the Waikato plus those who travel there from Auckland on a regular basis.
The 2001 horse, Dirt Rider, was trained at Cambridge  when owned by ATC Syndicate so it would not be a first.  Also,  there are a few trainers in South Auckland whose names come to mind readily.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:25 pm

ray the beancounter wrote:The extra vigour shown by Zac in trying his best to get her win last night makes so much more sense now that we have received a subsequent email advising us of an impending meeting on Wednesday regarding a proposed sale.  Price is currently undisclosed and 2016 syndicate members should find this out tomorrow.
In New Zealand she appears to be competitive in races where they rate around 2:45 for the 2200m, anything quicker than that and it is not her go.  Even better if she could get the rare fillies and mares races but they do not come around very often.
In my opinion she would thrive on the Australian country circuit and probably the second-string metropolitan races.

I agree.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:37 pm

The extra vigour shown by Zac in trying his best to get her win last night makes so much more sense now that we have received a subsequent email advising us of an impending meeting on Wednesday regarding a proposed sale.  Price is currently undisclosed and 2016 syndicate members should find this out tomorrow.
In New Zealand she appears to be competitive in races where they rate around 2:45 for the 2200m, anything quicker than that and it is not her go.  Even better if she could get the rare fillies and mares races but they do not come around very often.
In my opinion she would thrive on the Australian country circuit and probably the second-string metropolitan races.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:33 pm

Driven with urgency by Zac and they almost pulled off the win. An improved effort which suggests that maybe there is another win or two in the offing yet Hopefully they will be able to find a fillies/mares race in her class soon.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:34 pm

Des Carruthers wrote:Does anybody know what the stable thinks of Miss Kitty and what the short and medium term plans they have for her? I think that she has done better in her races than she did in her workouts. Barry Purdon has sold several of his 3yo fillies so hopefully he has kept the good one. Has anybody bought into a yearling from the recent sales or from elsewhere? I have bought a piece of a Bettors Delight yearling colt with the Melbourne Raceapacer syndicates being trained by Andy Gath. There is a video on the Raceapacer website if anyone is interested. I also have a share in a Shadow Play 2yo filly with Pacing WA syndicates being trained by ex kiwi trainer Ross Oliveri. It will be interesting to compare the customer service of the three syndicates.

As a matter of principle, trainers will only communicate with the manager of a syndicate so they then know the person they are talking to is an authorised person.  However members will often pick up crumbs of information following a trial/workout or race on a " happy" or "not happy" throwaway line basis.
I think we can guage the stable's opinion by the races which horses are competing in and how they perform.

Good luck with those youngsters, Des. Keep us in touch with progress.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:17 pm

Does anybody know what the stable thinks of Miss Kitty and what the short and medium term plans they have for her? I think that she has done better in her races than she did in her workouts. Barry Purdon has sold several of his 3yo fillies so hopefully he has kept the good one. Has anybody bought into a yearling from the recent sales or from elsewhere? I have bought a piece of a Bettors Delight yearling colt with the Melbourne Raceapacer syndicates being trained by Andy Gath. There is a video on the Raceapacer website if anyone is interested. I also have a share in a Shadow Play 2yo filly with Pacing WA syndicates being trained by ex kiwi trainer Ross Oliveri. It will be interesting to compare the customer service of the three syndicates.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:36 pm

Hi Geejay, yes you are spot on - the advice given to Rob by the now new owner of Belle was that Bettors Delight has been selected as being her tango partner later this year in hopes of getting her in foal. Bettors Delight foals are generally smaller than average but Belles own larger than average size should counteract that size issue.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by geejay on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:53 am

Notice Miss Kitty's dam's breeding has many similarities to Ideal Belle.Better's Delight must be a very likely candidate for Belle's first partner,not the less for the fact that the Better's yearlings are always so popular and sell so well drawing the best prices.A little Bettor's Delight downsizing to Belle and his strong confamation genes should makes for a very nice outcome

geejay

Back to top Go down

Post by geejay on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:32 am

Congrats to all on that excellent win first up .Gotta like a horse that can spend a bit at the start to lead ,hold it and finish it of with a "no ones getting past me " end.Times not too shabby either.Bodes well for the future and hopefully exciting times ahead for you's all. cheers

geejay

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:25 pm

Des Carruthers wrote:Another week, no nomination, no workout ... ???

Workout at home- manager reported trainer happy with that.

Might have another workout.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:44 am

Another week, no nomination, no workout ... ???

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:09 pm

Des Carruthers wrote:A second creditable trial but no race nomination ... what is the plan?

Assistant staff on duty at workouts. Await trainer's return when I would imagine a plan will be hatched.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:31 am

A second creditable trial but no race nomination ... what is the plan?

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:32 pm

I happened to hear Miss Kitty mentioned on the radio programme, Harness Half Hour, today in which the report referred to her catching the eye at the Pukekohe workouts.

Phone message last week referred to another workout is likely before debuting.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Conwell on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:52 am

No sorry I wasn't there this time, so can't report back.
I imagine they must be fairly happy with how well she ran on after coping some interference.

Conwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:48 pm

Winner of the trial, Sky Diamond, is a half brother to Sky Major. Was anybody at the workout to report on any trainer / driver feedback?

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by geejay on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:59 am

Nice run for 2nd after getting a little bit hampered at the home bend.Winner though was very good,quite an impressive looking individual I thought.

geejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Replay of workout now on HRNZ website (mobile phone section). Please post comments and trainer / driver feedback if known.

Last edited by Des Carruthers on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by Conwell on Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:25 pm

ray the beancounter wrote:Miss Kitty is re-appearing at the workouts tomorrow at Pukekohe in a 6 horse non-winners field. Harness

That's a relief as I noticed a couple of days ago that Kitty's listed as 'currently out spelling' on Barry's website so I was a little concerned that things hadn't gone to plan.

Conwell

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:49 am

Miss Kitty is re-appearing at the workouts tomorrow at Pukekohe in a 6 horse non-winners field. Harness
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:25 pm

Interesting to note that the two horses that finished just ahead of Miss Kitty in the workout last Saturday just finished first and second in a race at Cambridge. Is all well with Miss Kitty? Does the stable have a good opinion of her? How long is the spell to last? Do we have a racehorse or not? No news is frustrating.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:15 pm

I have watched the replays of the four trial and summarise as follows.
Major Change ... after two promising races since the new training has been put in place, the trial was disappointing ... claimers or retire.
Some Change ... I never saw what the excitement was after his first trial and now I think that he is definitely not ready yet ... spell.
Miss Kitty ... Very disappointing first trial but strong enough yesterday ... trainers call.
Ideal Belle ... Most impressive. Hard held to let the other horse join her on the line. After the line was still keen and very strong ... set her for the top mares races in N.Z. and Australia. Des Carruthers wrote:

Hi Des, my assessment now that I have viewed the videos would be:
Major Change - retire
Some Change - spell
Miss Kitty - have a go at a race or two. She showed enough in that workout yesterday to at least have a go at racing.
Belle - absolutely awesome, to hit the line in that manner when she was clearly under a hold.  See how she comes through the run and how the leg holds up then surely she will still need a further couple of workouts to ensure she remains sound - then take on the top mares races.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:27 pm

I have watched the replays of the four trial and summarise as follows.
Major Change ... after two promising races since the new training has been put in place, the trial was disappointing ... claimers or retire.
Some Change ... I never saw what the excitement was after his first trial and now I think that he is definitely not ready yet ... spell.
Miss Kitty ... Very disappointing first trial but strong enough yesterday ... trainers call.
Ideal Belle ... Most impressive. Hard held to let the other horse join her on the line. After the line was still keen and very strong ... set her for the top mares races in N.Z. and Australia.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top