Miss Kitty

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Miss Kitty

Post by Des Carruthers on Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:27 pm

I have watched the replays of the four trial and summarise as follows.
Major Change ... after two promising races since the new training has been put in place, the trial was disappointing ... claimers or retire.
Some Change ... I never saw what the excitement was after his first trial and now I think that he is definitely not ready yet ... spell.
Miss Kitty ... Very disappointing first trial but strong enough yesterday ... trainers call.
Ideal Belle ... Most impressive. Hard held to let the other horse join her on the line. After the line was still keen and very strong ... set her for the top mares races in N.Z. and Australia.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:29 pm

I understand that Barry was going to make a call on whether to persevere with Kitty this preparation and look to race her or whether to put her out for a spell, after seeing how she performed at todays workout.
So...will he or won’t he? He has a dilemma on his hands. She seemed a bit weak in the closing sections of her first up trial and he was probably questioning her current situation, but possibly the run today may have swayed him. I haven’t seen a video of todays run as yet but the reported closing sectional times had merit.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Miss Kitty

Post by barryf on Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:24 pm

Recently qualified, Miss Kitty lined up in a non- winners workout mobile pace, right handed, at Franklin Park today and created quite a good impression when finishing 3rd. in a field of 7 which was run in a time of 2m38.2s., mile rate of 2m04.1, 58.5s and 27.7s final sectionals.

Driver, Sean Grayling, settled her in 5th.place in the running and finished it off nicely behind the Brian Hughes trained/Maurice McKendry driven Youshallnotpass (appropriately named) and the Barry Purdon stalemate,  Oputama (by Somebeachsomewhere).
Margins 1/2 length, One length.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top