A Blast from the Past (Charge Forward)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Blast from the Past (Charge Forward)

Post by ray the beancounter on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:53 pm

Simon McMullan  has ended his training partnership with Steven Reid due to the poor health of Simon's father who lives in Christchurch.

There is a story on the HRNZ website (http://www.hrnz.co.nz/news-and-events/latest-news/5016-mcmullan-heading-to-harcourt-lodge) and the Harnesslink website (http://www.harnesslink.com/New-Zealand/McMullan-heading-to-Harcourt-Lodge) where he mentions our boy Harry.
Simon said....

Quote: 'He said one of his greatest thrills was developing and working Charge Forward into a better than average racehorse.
“I drove him in seven of his eight wins. He was a lovely horse who won more than $100,000.
"'

Says it all......
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:28 pm

Great to see, Ray. That story gives even more warm fuzzies that those we experienced on race days

Harry gave me my favourite race commentary at Forbury Park, when he jumped that shadow on the track near the finish and went on to win, beating Terror To Love among others in the process.

Incidentally, Simon McMullen was quoted in an article I read recently of the pleasure he got from Harry's successes and I got the impression he was No.1 horse in his book.

barryf

Back to top Go down

A Blast from the Past (Charge Forward)

Post by ray the beancounter on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:40 pm

Charge Forward, known to us as Harry, was the pride and joy of the first syndicate that I belonged to - the 2010 Syndicate.  He is now a 9 year old and when he retired he was placed in the care of a horse rescue centre that also operated as a riding school for children.  He was originally located in rural West Auckland and later re-located to Cambridge.  I have been in contact with his new "mother" and she replied via Facebook with the following message:

"Yes I still have and always will have my baby harry he has a for eva home with me. He is out on lease with a friend of mine at moment as she wanted a horse to help her build up her confidence so he's there helping her I have some great shots will send them thru now. He is doing really well he's back in Papakura Auckland."

So he has done a bit of travelling and is now within a stones throw a suburb away from my residence.
I was sent the following photos....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top