Farewell ATC 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Farewell ATC 2012

Post by ray the beancounter on Thu May 04, 2017 8:46 pm

I understand that any rugs usually were passed on to the trainer for their use and any small prizes or trophies were won by syndicate members in a ballot drawn monthly (if there were any prizes to distribute) that was drawn by Rob at the monthly syndicate dinner on the last Sunday of the month with the result of said draw shown in the following months newsletter.
Sadly I never won one....
I don't recall if any rugs were ever balloted.

As to the larger trophies such as the Oaks trophy won by Belle the trophy had the name of all prior winners engraved on it and it is only held by the winner on a temporary basis to be handed back in in 12 months time ready to be passed on the next winner. After she won the trophy we, as local members, were able to arrange to borrow it for a day or two in order to take photos. It takes a major race like the Auckland Cup or New Zealand Cup for the winner to have a replica to keep, hence I don't believe that there is anything to consider distributing to members.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Thu May 04, 2017 7:39 pm

With the sale of Ideal Belle and the interim payout made, the final meeting to formally dissolve ATC2012 must be close. I was wondering about what would become of the various rugs and trophies that were won by Ideal Belle that are the property of the ATC 2012 syndicate members. The Oaks trophy must be sitting on a shelf somewhere. I have never seen it and believe that once the syndicate no longer exists it should be offered for sale to syndicate members (tender) or possibly won outright in a ballot by a syndicate member. What do other members think and what was the fate of rugs and trophies won by other syndicates in the past? It should not end up in the Auckland Trotting Club trophy cabinet if such a thing exists.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:12 pm

Well Geejay, I think you will find the bug hard to squash but it has happened before.

Rob Carr once told me about approaching a person who had been a member of the successful Matai McKenzie , winner of a couple of group ones, syndicate to see if he/she would be interested in joining a new one he was promoting.  The response was negative, saying "I could never be that lucky again!"  And apparently never did.

So not all are bitten, but many do find the experience addictive.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by geejay on Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:42 pm

A sad goodbye,ATC2012 my first and probably my last ATC syndicate unfortunately,though one never knows,I have got that bug I think.
Certainly can't complain about the quality of the horses that got to  the races for us , Star though not reaching the heights his early promise  hinted at still put in some memorable performances for us ,the most notable his close 2nd in the jewells,nabbed by Franco Nelson on the line after he messed up his start from the ace.His clashes with Lenny The Shark ,even beating him home in a race, and Border Control also great memories.Unlucky his growing pains in Auss took the edge of him for the Vicbred and Breeders Crown then his wind problem and op after that throwing a spanner in the works and maybe influencing his future progress.
Cran Dreams loss before even getting to the races was a huge disappointment for me,always wanted a Bettor's Delight but that insurance money sure was well spent,Ideal Belle was a dream come true,her Oaks victory over champ Venus Serena and so unlucky 2nd in the NevelleR final stick most in my mind along with her narrow  Jewells defeat ,having 2 horses in the Jewells that years also unbelievable.
She was unlucky not to have won at least a couple other big races not to mention the Breeders Crown in Auss that injury robbed from her.North Island Filly of the year, NZ all-comers and mares 1700m record from a stand then that amazing 53.4 last half over 2700m after losing 50m at the stand (standing sideways when starter said go) in her first race back from the leg injury was  just a reminder of how good she really was and how lucky we were as owners.
Cannot say her retirement to the broodmares paddock is not deserved albeit a little sooner than one would have liked .
Cheers to all you current syndicate members and best of luck.Regret not having got to meet any of my fellow syndicate members along the way but greatful for this forum and stabletalk for getting to know some of you's (can't understand why such was not promoted by the syndicate manager),best of luck to all my fellow members for life after Belle and Star,may the fun never end !

geejay

Back to top Go down

Farewell ATC 2012

Post by Des Carruthers on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:08 pm

Goodbye to all ATC 2012 members who are not involved with other live syndicates. Hopefully the new manager does not have a negative stance on advertising the blog in the newsletters so that more members can view and contribute once they discover it. Consider the roller coaster ride of ATC 2012 compared to the ghost train ride of ATC 2013 ... we were very fortunate to race Major Star and Ideal Belle. ( Don't forget Major Maguire and the ill fated Cran's Dream ). Looking forward to the next races from ATC 2014 and the long awaited ATC 2016 horses. Will we ever have a horse in another group 1 race after the glut experienced in ATC2012?

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top