A busy weekend for syndicate horses

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A busy weekend for syndicate horses

Post by ray the beancounter on Fri May 19, 2017 10:38 am

Yes Some Change finished off his race well and hit the finish line with purpose, showing enough to keep us optimistic that he will be competitive away from Auckland.
I agree with the filies and mares races for Kitty but as you say getting enough nominations to make a race can be a challenge.

Two of the 2017 syndicate horses are at the Puke workouts tomorrow with Cha Cha B and Park Avenue to take part albeit in different races. The trainers must be happy with Park Avenue's current form as they are bypassing the normal first appearance learners heat which is run in a slower time and have put him into an unqualified heat instead. I am hoping that the workouts are filmed tomorrow as I cannot attend as going to the boat show.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf on Fri May 19, 2017 10:03 am

Hopefully not too much damage suffered by Jack.  He did look to be pacing a little erratically at times and was having difficulty in keeping on the back of the horse in front during the running. It seems that the loss of a shoe may have contributed to this.

I guess the vet's report will determine as to whether or not he needs a spell. He's such a gutsy and brave horse who gives his best, whatever the circumstances.

Some Change- not too bad a run and did finish on.  Miss Kitty looks like fillies and mares races are more her go at present, but such races are not always carded.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter on Fri May 19, 2017 9:41 am

From last evenings Cambridge stipes report:
THE FAITHFUL - weakened inside the final 400 metres A post race veterinary examination revealed damage to the off fore hoof. Driver Z Butcher advised that the gelding pulled a shoe shortly after the start.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers on Thu May 18, 2017 8:54 pm

After Cambridge we have had 7 starters in the past week for a third by Bettors Pocket and six lacklustre runs from the others although The Faithful was not right today. Time to sell them all and concentrate on our rising trotting star Extra Blast. Hopefully we like what Cha Cha B and Park Avenue bring us this Saturday at the workouts.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

A busy weekend for syndicate horses

Post by ray the beancounter on Sat May 13, 2017 9:29 am

A busy weekend starting with 4 syndicate horses running Friday evening at Alexandra Park.  The weather was cool and showery and it appeared that 3 out of the 4 syndicate runners would rather have been at home in the stable – just like me at home with the heat pump on and a bottle of wine in front of the television.

Miss Kitty – ran 6th of 8 runners in a time of 1:58.1 over a mile.  She does not appear to be a speed horse so why run her over a mile?  Maybe better suited to distance races?

Some Change – ran 6th of 8 runners in a time of 2:45.1 over 2200 metres.  An average time for a horse probably better suited to running at Cambridge or Manawatu.

Bettors Pocket – ran 3rd of 10 runners in a time of 2:43.4 over 2200 metres.  He was only 7th favourite on the TAB win tote and was definitely the syndicate performer of the night.  A very pleasing result from a well mannered horse.  Well done Posie.

The Faithful – ran 8th of 8 runners over 1700 metres in a time of 2:04.4 (a mile rate of 1:57.7).  He is a much better horse than that performance would have you believe but is well out of form at the moment. Should they be trying him at Cambridge or Manawatu to get his confidence back?

Were there any constructive comments from trainers or drivers last evening that can be passed on to out-of-towners?

We now have a further 2 runners at the Pukekohe workouts today for which I am about to attend.  I will update further on these performances this afternoon.

(And now duly amended.......)

Bet I Can was the first of the syndicate runners to make an appearance today at the workouts, tailing the field throughout the running and mading no impression to improve her placing when it came to the final sprint up the straight, finishing in last place. After that lack lustre effort Steven Reid advised our manager Andrew that Honey would be sent for a 6 week spell to return to training on 1st July.

A few workouts later Cha Cha B ran along in 4th position for much of the workout and improved at the finish to fill 3rd place. A good first up effort pleasing the trainer, given that it was his first time off his home property.

I had mixed loyalties watching that workout as as I part own the big lump of a horse that ran 5th. Edamfast is a Bettorthancheddar 2 year old colt, but given his large frame size that he is still growing into I think time will be his friend and he will be a better 3 year old. There is talk of qualifying him first before a decent spell to allow the muscle and hopefully the brain to catch up to the frame size.

A snippet of additional information also picked up trackside today - the 2016 syndicate may have a trotter in its midst – yep a trotter......
Extra Blast is now with the Wallis and Hackett trainers but is showing little promise as a pacer and doesn’t like the hopples. After removing the hopples he is showing some ability as a trotter.
Apparently he will be tried for 3 months in the trotting gait to see if anything will become of this new found talent before a decision is made as to whether they should persevere.
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top